Terms and Conditions
Course Terms and Conditions
The online executive education programs start within one week after registration. On the day of your course start, you will get access to the online campus and all the course modules included in the course. The duration of the program is flexible: The standard duration of the program (in parallel to your employment or parental leave) is indicated on the course pages; it is possible to extend the standard duration up to a total of twice the standard duration.
The course consists of several assessments (online quizzes and assignments) that are graded. Failed tests and assignments can be repeated twice (i.e. up to three attempts are allowed). In order to pass the course and receive a certificate of completion, you need to achieve an overall objective of at least 50% for all tests and assessments combined. An assessment will be graded with 5.0 (fail) in case of cheating or use of non-permissible means by the examination candidate. The overall grade is determined by averaging the grades for the individual assessment results. Only the first decimal place is used when calculating the overall grade. All further decimal places are dropped without rounding.
Revocation and Refund Policy
You have the right to revoke your contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The revocation period of 14 days begins on the day that you get access to the online campus. To exercise your revocation right, you must notify us (see contact details here) of your decision to revoke this contract. This must be done by means of a clear statement (e.g. a post-mailed letter, fax, e-mail). Sending the revocation notice before the end of the revocation period is deemed sufficient for observing the revocation period.
If you revoke your contract we will refund all payments that we have received from you. We will provide this refund immediately, but no later than 14 days after the day on which we received your notice to revoke this contract. For this refund, we will use the same payment method that you used for the original transaction, unless specifically agreed otherwise with you.
Code of Conduct
1. General rules
All students shall learn and explore in a safe place where they feel confident. Thus, online encounters differ from face-to-face situations. However, mutual trust and support always has highest priority, be it physical or virtual.
The enhancement of the experience shall be encouraged by all students mutually. Everyone is required to encourage enthusiasm intellectual honesty, learning, openness, and respect for other students.
The following core principles are essential for a respectful learning environment where we seek to improve lives through better education.
I, the student, agree to the following principles:
- Adhere to the School’s ethical standards which require me, at all times, to uphold the principles of responsibility, accountability, integrity, intellectual freedom, respect and collegiality.
- Take responsibility for my own learning, while also interacting constructively with my fellow students, Success Manager and Tutor;
- Treat my fellow students and staff of the School with dignity and respect;
- Not abuse or otherwise interfere with any member of the course community in any matter that contributes to disrupting their work or the creation of an intimidating, hostile, or demeaning environment for team members or participants in general;
- Not plagiarize or engage in any other form of academic dishonesty by adhering to the academic integrity rules stipulated in the course handbook; and
- Comply with any reasonable instruction of an authorized the School representative.
2. Intellectual property and confidentiality
You are the owner of the Intellectual Property Rights of your academic work, unless you did not solely create it and it infringes with any third party Intellectual Property Rights. The School will not use any intellectual property created by you and submitted in, or forming part of, your assignments without your written consent.
If you disclose or create any other intellectual property (i. e. trading designs, names, know-how, written materials, and other products of your independent thought and creativity), then you will accept any risk in relation to disclosure, including the risk that a fellow student is using this intellectual property without your consent, or that disclosure weakens or erases any legal protections.
3. Student responsibilities
Students are responsible for the accuracy and validity of personal data upon registration. Any changes in personal data will have to be reported to the School immediately. These include the following:
- Billing address
- Residential address
- Delivery address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
Students shall not divulge their login and password details to anyone. We recommend to not leave your computer unattended when you are securely logged in on the Online Campus.
4. Discussion forum use
The discussion forum is a platform for academic collaboration and serves to enrich the learning experience. Students are encouraged to engage in healthy debates using this platform.
We are monitoring posts on the discussion forum through the School to ensure that the learning environment remains constructive and the integrity of each student is maintained.
Students shall avoid the following practices on the discussion forum:
- Posting anything to garner support for petitions, rallies, protests, and political or religious groups.
- Posting material or sharing links to material that is sexually explicit or suggestive, racist, harassing, intimidating, or defamatory.
- Excessively cross posting and spamming.
- Impersonating another user or person.
- Using the discussion forum to defame or slander any person, business, enterprise, institution, or organization.
- Posting information or material that encourages or condones piracy or infringes on intellectual property rights.
- Using the discussion forum to promote any business or enterprise, unless permitted to do so by an authorized the School team member or if doing so forms part of a curriculum requirement.
The School reserves the right to remove any postings that contravene the above prohibitions.
In cases of violating the Code of Conduct, you may be subject to one or more of the following actions:
- Termination of website use.
- Deregistration from a course.
- Having any certificate earned in the course withheld or rescinded.
- Receiving a zero (Grade F) for an assignment.
Additional actions may be taken at the sole discretion of the School. In cases of corrective actions for such violations, no refunds will be issued.
The place of jurisdiction is the country court Werdenberg-Sarganserland in the canton St. Gallen, Switzerland.